1. To be able to join the NRLCA, you must first be employed by the USPS and work in the Rural Carrier Craft as a Regular, Substitute, RCR, or RCA. This excludes TRCs who are only temporary relief carriers.

  2. Should you have any questions concerning the appropriate membership dues rates, please consult the dues chart.

  3. If you have specific questions about membership in the NRLCA, a list of the appropriate State Secretaries is available by clicking here.

  4. You may then complete NRLCA form 1187.

  5. Print the form, fill in the blanks, and mail it to the State Secretary of the state where you work.

  6. After your completed form is received and processed you will receive your official membership card and all your benefits of membership begin.

  7. Congratulations on becoming a member of your union.